How I lost six stone, Tips and Hints to a healthy gym and social lifestlye. Recipes and methods which will co-incide with your gym practice and quest to loose weight.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Introduction




Many issues sprung to mind when I decided to create this Blog. Politics, Current Affairs and perhaps even the fact Jennifer Ellison is here in Sunderland and im meeting her on friday, all valid and extremely important subjects but not really what I would deem interesting for myself or anybody wanting to get to grips with what it is Im actually about.

Perhaps the one thing in my life I've managed to stick too and achieve something with for a good 6 years now is being a full fledged gym addict. Superficial and egotistical I hear you think, and to some extent how right you are! The gym and the way of life I have devised that fits the style of training I have developed is something important to me and for anybody wishing to start out at the gym or are looking for new methods and pointers which will aid them in there current love affair with the treadmill please read on.

Up and till the age of almost 20 I was what we could say overweight. On my 19th birthday I weighed 18 stone, possibly more, I have some recollection of my mother tampering with the bathroom scales but this was a subject best not raised in our house for fear of rath of the mother so I could have actually weighed more! My parents, both overweight, had I felt passed their genes down to myself and due to a lazy dont go out attitude I spent many a night, day, infact 24/7 sat in front of the tv or computer doing nothing but watching and eating.

Now to those of you who think well so what big deal, it dosent matter what you look like, I can quite agree but 18 stone at 5ft 10 is not a healthy weight to be. I am not trying to say that everybody in this situation is unhappy and to some extent I was extremely happy. Good family, good friends, decent social life and I had just completed a college course in media studies and was contemplating University, my life was fine and on the outside I was doing great.

Ive read many magazine articles on women and men loosing vast amounts of weight, in some cases stones and stones. What I had noticed was a trend in why they decided to loose weight. Yes the common issues were health, image and a general pressure from society to look thin but what they all had in common was a point in there life when they had had enough of their current appearence and body size.

This blog will be a stage by stage process in how I managed to loose, at one point just over six stone. I'll try to give hints and tips on what I feel are good ways to develop a strong opinion of the gym and what the right foods are to eat and what methods and techniques can be used to maintain a healthy gym lifestyle around what I call a very healthy social lifestyle.
I drink quite often, I eat takeaways, Im not 100% perfect but I can perhaps show you that If you do feel your overweight you can make a difference to yourself and still enjoy the things in life which we are told are bad for us.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is a really interesting blog. My weight goes up and down all the time, I work in a gym so when I have time I make use of my free membership and get really fit but then I go through phases when I'm busy with Uni work and I don't have time to go. so.......I end up undoing all my good work. I will be interested to see how you fit in fitness with Uni life??

8:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home